Providing support to future leaders of tomorrow.
Education, at any level, is important. There are many benefits to higher education, however, costs associated with higher education can be intimidating. At Piedmont Advantage Credit Union we believe the academic achievement and advancement of our members should be recognized and rewarded. We have established multiple annual scholarships to assist members with the costs of higher education.
Piedmont Advantage College Scholarships
Each year, on average, Piedmont Advantage Credit Union awards five $1,000 scholarships.
- Must be at least a high school senior and be enrolled or plan to be enrolled as a full-time student at a community college, college, university or higher education program in the following academic year.
- Must be a member of Piedmont Advantage Credit Union in good standing with their own membership number.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Piedmont Advantage College Scholarships are administered by the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation.
- Applications for Piedmont Advantage Credit Union Scholarships are accepted through the Carolinas Credit Union League October 1 through February 1 for consideration for the following academic year.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified in April. Scholarship funds will be remitted in July directly to the applicable community college, college, university or higher education program in which the scholarship recipient enrolls.
- In addition to administering Piedmont Advantage Credit Union Scholarships, the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation also provides a number of scholarships to eligible applicants each year based on academic achievement, financial need and enrollment in a community college. Members can apply for both Piedmont Advantage Credit Union Scholarships and Carolinas Credit Union Foundation Scholarships at the same time through the Carolinas Credit Union League.
Piedmont Advantage and Davidson Family Aviation Scholarship Fund
Since 1949, Piedmont Advantage Credit Union has had strong ties to the aviation industry. In celebration of these strong ties, Piedmont Advantage Credit Union and Mark and Elizabeth Davidson have established an annual $2,000 scholarship fund at Forsyth Technical Community College in Forsyth County, North Carolina, for students pursuing a career in aviation systems technology.
- Must be an incoming or enrolled student in a program at the Mazie S. Woodruff Aviation Technology Lab of Forsyth Tech at the Smith Reynolds Airport.
- Must be a member of Piedmont Advantage Credit Union in good standing.
- Must be a resident of Forsyth County.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA from either high school or as a current Forsyth Tech student.
The Piedmont Advantage Credit Union and Davidson Family Aviation Scholarship Fund is administered by the Forsyth Technical Community College Foundation. Applications are accepted through the Forsyth Tech Scholarship Application Portal from April 1 through May 15 for consideration for the following academic year.