Join us in our mission to enhance the lives of our members.
The experience of "members come first."
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union offers all employees the unique opportunity to provide a different experience for our member-owners- an experience. Why? Every member of our team believes in and supports our core value of Members Come First. Every interaction, whether it’s online, in-person or on the phone. We listen and learn in order to build lasting, long-term relationships with our members.
When talking with our team members you may hear them say that the credit union is more than just a place to work, it’s a home. We think that speaks volumes not only about the work we do but also about who we are. In addition to a close-knit community culture, we offer many traditional benefits of employment.
We are seeking passionate people who truly desire to make things better for others. At Piedmont Advantage, our mission is to enhance the lives of our members, and we can only do that if you share that passion.
If you enjoy working and collaborating with your team members to enhance the lives of our members, you may be right for Piedmont Advantage. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding position with a fast-paced credit union that hires exceptional people with outstanding personal interaction skills and a strong desire to make a difference, we would like to speak with you. We may have a position for you!
• Medical Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with a competitive Employer Match
• Credit Union Paid Life Insurance (of two times your annual salary)
• Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Paid Time Off
• 10 Holidays throughout the year
• Employee Engagement Day
• Community Volunteer Opportunities
• Business Casual Fridays
To apply for any of the following positions, please email your application, resume and salary requirements to us at email@example.com.
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union is seeking an energetic and engaged E-Commerce Specialist to join our fast paced Credit Union in Winston-Salem, NC. The E-Commerce Specialist will facilitate an exceptional digital and payments experience for the credit union’s members by providing back-office support to members and utilizing internal systems to process daily work related to department functions that include but are not limited to the following tasks: ACH processing, share draft processing, debit and credit card processing, ATM support, Electronic Wire processing, digital channel support, cash ordering, fraud prevention, IRA and HSA support, and Escheat processing.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned duties of the credit union’s E-Commerce department daily while providing prompt support through various channels to frontline staff, other back office departments, and directly to members as needed with an exceptional level of service
- Must provide support and demonstrate a basic understanding of the following department function, but not limited to: ATM servicing, ACH and share draft processing, payroll processing, credit and debit card processing, instant issue card processing, payments dispute resolution, fraud prevention, process wire transfers, lockbox processing, online and mobile banking support, branch cash management support, online account opening, escheats, IRAs, and HSAs.
- Maintain personal career development with minimal supervision.
- Stay current to adjust to any law, regulation, or rule changes related to the E-Commerce department and complete all mandatory courses required by the credit union and any supplemental training the position requires.
- Exhibit a high level of presence and availability for the credit union and members by arriving to work as scheduled and keeping unscheduled absences to a minimum.
- Produce quality and accurate results in a team orientated environment that aligns with departmental and credit union standards.
- Identify opportunities for process and procedural improvements and follow through to implementation.
- Complete any assigned special tasks or project as instructed within deadlines.
Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills:
- Two years to five years of similar or related experience
- (1) a two year college degree, or (2) Completion of specialized course of study at a business or trade school, or (3) Completion of specialist and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationship with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, talk, see and hear.
- Required to possess dexterity to operate standard office equipment
- Occasionally required to lift 20 pounds or more
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an office environment. The noise level is usually low. Equipment required for this position:
- Standard office space and equipment
- Standard PC equipment and printers
- Telephone and/or headset
- To be capable of, and willing to fully comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, The Patriot Act, OFAC and all credit union policies and procedures relating to or arising from these laws and applicable government regulations.
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union is an energetic, fast-paced Credit Union seeking to hire passionate team members who possess financial service skills. Currently, we have an opening at our Advantage Way Headquarters for a Member Experience Advisor, who is responsible for accepting the challenge of creating a unique experience for every member that walks through our doors. Our Advisors come to us with experience in financial services and a passion to put the Member First. They excel in the areas of building rapport, creative problem solving, critical thinking, sound judgment and most importantly member focus. The Member Experience Advisor is comfortable learning the member’s needs and positioning the correct products and services that would enhance their lives through the relationship they have with their Credit Union.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the delivery of efficient, accurate and professional service of all financial products and services that defines excellent member experience. This will include accurately processing deposit transactions, creating out of the box solutions for member loan requests and opening accounts in an accurate and timely manner. All new products and services should be accompanied by accurate and timely documentation.
- Assist members with requests, challenges, research, and follow-up on details to resolve matters to the member's satisfaction.
- Utilize technology to educate members and prospective members on the benefits of Credit Union membership as well as out line up of products and services.
- Possess the necessary sales skills and positive energy toward the accomplishment of monthly and annual branch activity, member experience and growth goals to continuously put our members first. Effective communication, especially listening skills, are required for the fulfillment of this requirement.
- Utilize sound judgment skills to maintain a safe and secure environment in our paperless/electronic branch environment while still functioning under dual control. Adherence to all operational, regulatory and security requirement, directives and procedures while minimizing losses.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Training, Abilities & Experience:
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience
- A college degree
- The ability to motivate or influence others in a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust
- Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job
- Each individual should have an empowerment to provide the highest level of service possible that puts all of our members first
- All Member Experience Advisors will be held accountable both individually and as part of the overall team.
- The Member Experience Advisor should be internally motivated and able to function in an independent manner as it relates to product knowledge
- A friendly and energetic disposition is required for success.
- Rapport building
- Strong oral and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Sound judgment
- Problem resolution
- Team collaboration
- Root cause analysis
- Technology friendly
- Community focused
Piedmont Advantage is seeking an energetic and engaged Part-time Teller to join our fast-paced Credit Union in Wilmington, NC. The part-time teller will work in cooperation with the front line staff to assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed.
- Post transactions to member accounts and maintain member records.
- Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input and answering the telephone.
- Cross-sells credit union services.
Education, training, experience:
- This is a Part-Time position.
- Has six months to two years of similar or related experience.
- Holds a high school education or GED.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Desk work may involve motivating or influencing others.
- Provides prompt, accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members.
- Maintains a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.