Join us in our mission to enhance the lives of our members.
The experience of "members come first."
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union offers all employees the unique opportunity to provide a different experience for our member-owners- an experience. Why? Every member of our team believes in and supports our core value of Members Come First. Every interaction, whether it’s online, in-person or on the phone. We listen and learn in order to build lasting, long-term relationships with our members.
When talking with our team members you may hear them say that the credit union is more than just a place to work, it’s a home. We think that speaks volumes not only about the work we do but also about who we are. In addition to a close-knit community culture, we offer many traditional benefits of employment.
We are seeking passionate people who truly desire to make things better for others. At Piedmont Advantage, our mission is to enhance the lives of our members, and we can only do that if you share that passion.
If you enjoy working and collaborating with your team members to enhance the lives of our members, you may be right for Piedmont Advantage. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding position with a fast-paced credit union that hires exceptional people with outstanding personal interaction skills and a strong desire to make a difference, we would like to speak with you. We may have a position for you!
• Medical Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with a competitive Employer Match
• Credit Union Paid Life Insurance (of two times your annual salary)
• Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Paid Time Off
• 10 Holidays throughout the year
• Employee Engagement Day
• Community Volunteer Opportunities
• Business Casual Fridays
To apply for any of the following positions, please email your application, resume and salary requirements to us at email@example.com.
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union seeks to hire an energetic Lending Processor who will be responsible for building and maintaining successful member relationships by taking, processing, funding, and servicing all consumer loan types to ensure the member/owners are provided prompt lending decision to enhance their lives, while accurately preparing documents to meet Piedmont Advantage Credit Union's lending policy and procedures. The incumbent supports and assists team members with timely and consistent execution and communication, and assists Credit Union employees with lending questions or concerns.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of all consumer lending products, services and processes to ensure member.owner loans are processed in a timely manner, completes documentation requirements, all forms of loan maintenance and all loan related transactions immediately. Validates accuracy and scans/archives completed loan packages without delay.
Demonstrates and increases comprehensive knowledge of all loan products, services, and processes.
Provides an excellent member experience by effective communication, responding and following up promptly, exercising sound judgement and acting responsibly to serve member/owners and protects the Credit Union's safety and soundness. Builds and maintains positive relationships with staff, member/owners and vendors.
Demonstrates a commitment to working effectively as a team and participates in on-going self-development.
Proficient at analyzing debts, income, collateral values, educating and offering GAP and MRC, credit insurance and accurately documenting loan application paperwork accordingly.
Perform other job related duties required or assigned
Experience, Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
(1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Must possess good oral and written communication skills, 10-key calculator, keyboard skills, email/internet software, Work and Excel. Must be willing to adjust to rapid changes in daily work schedule.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
•Regularly required to sit, stand, talk, see and hear.
•Required to possess dexterity to operate standard office equipment
•Occasionally required to lift 20 pounds or more
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an office and outside sales environment. The noise level is usually low.
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union seeks to hire an energetic, enthusiastic, and engaged Report Writer. The Report Writer will provide SQL server, core processing and ancillary application support and development for the Credit Union in a way that will allow us to capitalize on all that our system has to offer. This position will work as part of a cross-functional team to develop/modernize interdepartmental processes through changes in SQL server, core and ancillary systems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the execution of credit union-wide management reporting which includes writing queries, functions, stored procedures and automation configuration to ensure delivery of reporting meets the requirements of the business areas, and produces timely and efficient reports, fully utilizing the power of the core and other resources.
- Act as an expert to all areas of the credit union in the development of core system solutions and ancillary applications, maintaining the system, growing and enhancing the system to ensure full use of the potential the system can provide management toward improving and growing the credit union. Provide recommendations to business owners as a support partner.
- Design, create and maintain database objects and troubleshoot SQL Server, database, production and non-production environment issues and errors.
- Perform data management and clean-up which includes performance tuning of queries and other database objects.
- Participate in projects which support strategic plans as it relates to the core processor and ancillary applications.
- Assist with system upgrades, training and process changes as they relate to the core processor.
- Assist with escalated operational, technical and user support relating to reporting and our core processor or as needed for general requests.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2-5 years of experience in a development / programming role. Prior financial services experience is a plus.
- A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or Business
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to, communicating well and working in a collaborative team environment. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in administration, programming and daily operations and support of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and/or 2014 including DTS, SQL Mail, Administration of SQL Jobs, backup and recovery, stored procedures, user defined functions, data modeling, etc. Utilizes dynamic skills of Crystal enterprise reporting and SQL Server reporting both in SSIS and SSRS to efficiently produce Credit Union reporting.
- Ability to work independently, with strong analytical and logical skills. Proven problem solving experience as applied to the 24/7 operations of an Enterprise System. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure while managing competing priorities.
- Stay informed of current trends affecting the financial services industry including technical advances as it relates to our Core Processing System, SQL Server and other ancillary applications.
- Establish and maintain an effective relationship with user departments, management, and vendors.
- Ability to listen and understand needs and requests
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of core processing, SQL Server and ancillary systems
- Ability to verify and confirm vendor solutions
- To be capable of, and willing to fully comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, The Patriot Act, OFAC and all credit union policies and procedures relating to or arising from these laws and applicable government regulations