Join us in our mission to enhance the lives of our members.
The experience of "members come first."
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union offers all employees the unique opportunity to provide a different experience for our member-owners- an experience. Why? Every member of our team believes in and supports our core value of Members Come First. Every interaction, whether it’s online, in-person or on the phone. We listen and learn in order to build lasting, long-term relationships with our members.
When talking with our team members you may hear them say that the credit union is more than just a place to work, it’s a home. We think that speaks volumes not only about the work we do but also about who we are. In addition to a close-knit community culture, we offer many traditional benefits of employment.
We are seeking passionate people who truly desire to make things better for others. At Piedmont Advantage, our mission is to enhance the lives of our members, and we can only do that if you share that passion.
If you enjoy working and collaborating with your team members to enhance the lives of our members, you may be right for Piedmont Advantage. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding position with a fast-paced credit union that hires exceptional people with outstanding personal interaction skills and a strong desire to make a difference, we would like to speak with you. We may have a position for you!
• Medical Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with a competitive Employer Match
• Credit Union Paid Life Insurance (of two times your annual salary)
• Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Paid Time Off
• 10 Holidays throughout the year
• Employee Engagement Day
• Community Volunteer Opportunities
• Business Casual Fridays
To apply for any of the following positions, please email your application, resume and salary requirements to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Piedmont Advantage is seeking an energetic and engaged Member Experience Advisor (MEA) to join our fast-paced branch location in Mooresville, NC. The MEA will be responsible for conveying a sense of welcome to our member-owners and facilitate an experience where member-owners are empowered through education to make sound financial decisions. This position will require that all incumbents know our entire deposit and lending operation thoroughly in order to give the high level of service that our members deserve. Due to the nature of our business in financial services, the ability to pass a financial & criminal background screen as well as a pre-employment drug test are requirements for this position.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the delivery of efficient, accurate and professional service of all financial products and services that defines excellent member experience. This will include accurately processing deposit transactions, creating out of the box solutions for member loan requests and opening accounts in an accurate and timely manner. All new products and services should be accompanied by accurate and timely documentation.
- Assist members with requests, challenges, research and follow-up on details to resolve matters to the member’s satisfaction.
- Utilize technology to educate members and prospective members on the benefits of Credit Union membership as well as our lineup of products and services.
- Possess the necessary sales skills and positive energy toward the accomplishment of monthly and annual branch activity, member experience and growth goals to continuously put our members first. Effective communication, especially listening skills, are required for the fulfillment of this requirement.
- Utilize sound judgment skills to maintain a safe and secure environment in our paperless/electronic branch environment while still functioning under dual control. Adherence to all operational, regulatory and security requirements, directives and procedures while minimizing losses.
Education, training, experience:
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
- A college degree.
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust.
- Provides prompt, accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members.
- Maintain a professional work environment and business like appearance.
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union seeks to hire an energetic, enthusiastic, and engaged Report Writer. The Report Writer will provide SQL server, core processing and ancillary application support and development for the Credit Union in a way that will allow us to capitalize on all that our system has to offer. This position will work as part of a cross-functional team to develop/modernize interdepartmental processes through changes in SQL server, core and ancillary systems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the execution of credit union-wide management reporting which includes writing queries, functions, stored procedures and automation configuration to ensure delivery of reporting meets the requirements of the business areas, and produces timely and efficient reports, fully utilizing the power of the core and other resources.
- Act as an expert to all areas of the credit union in the development of core system solutions and ancillary applications, maintaining the system, growing and enhancing the system to ensure full use of the potential the system can provide management toward improving and growing the credit union. Provide recommendations to business owners as a support partner.
- Design, create and maintain database objects and troubleshoot SQL Server, database, production and non-production environment issues and errors.
- Perform data management and clean-up which includes performance tuning of queries and other database objects.
- Participate in projects which support strategic plans as it relates to the core processor and ancillary applications.
- Assist with system upgrades, training and process changes as they relate to the core processor.
- Assist with escalated operational, technical and user support relating to reporting and our core processor or as needed for general requests.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2-5 years of experience in a development / programming role. Prior financial services experience is a plus.
- A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or Business
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to, communicating well and working in a collaborative team environment. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in administration, programming and daily operations and support of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and/or 2014 including DTS, SQL Mail, Administration of SQL Jobs, backup and recovery, stored procedures, user defined functions, data modeling, etc. Utilizes dynamic skills of Crystal enterprise reporting and SQL Server reporting both in SSIS and SSRS to efficiently produce Credit Union reporting.
- Ability to work independently, with strong analytical and logical skills. Proven problem solving experience as applied to the 24/7 operations of an Enterprise System. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure while managing competing priorities.
- Stay informed of current trends affecting the financial services industry including technical advances as it relates to our Core Processing System, SQL Server and other ancillary applications.
- Establish and maintain an effective relationship with user departments, management, and vendors.
- Ability to listen and understand needs and requests
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of core processing, SQL Server and ancillary systems
- Ability to verify and confirm vendor solutions
- To be capable of, and willing to fully comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, The Patriot Act, OFAC and all credit union policies and procedures relating to or arising from these laws and applicable government regulations