- Simple+ Checking. When your financial needs, your checking account should adjust, too. With Simple+ Checking, no monthly service charges and gone are the days of opening and closing accounts when you want your checking account to start earning competitive or premium interest. Or upon turning 50 years old, closing your existing account and opening a new one that offers additional benefits for seniors. What a waste of your time! Learn More
- Liberty Loan. Lowest fixed rates we have offer with terms up to 12 years. Closes in half of the time of conventional loans. Learn More
- Competitive rates and low to no fees. See for yourself!
At Piedmont Advantage Credit Union, our purpose is Simply Service®. We empower our employees to work together so that our members and residents in the communities we are privileged to serve have access to financing and financial services needed to grow and sustain their wealth.
Becoming a member of Piedmont Advantage is easy. Even better, once you have become a member, your membership never expires, even if you leave the area.
If you live, work, worship or attend school in the North Carolina counties of Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Iredell, Mecklenburg and Rockingham or employed by one of our many employer companies, you are eligible to join. You're also eligible if you're an immediate family member of an existing member regardless of where you live. Immediate family members include:
- Persons who live in the same household and are related by blood, adoption or marriage
- Children and their spouses
- Spouse’s parents
- Siblings and their spouses
- Spouse’s siblings and their spouses
Get started today by following these easy steps to open your membership and new accounts:
- Membership begins when you open your Share Savings Account with a minimum deposit of just $5. Upon membership approval, you're set to apply for our premier credit cards, various loan solutions and many other deposit accounts.
- If you're not a member and have started or completed an online application, upon receipt of your application, we will follow up with you regarding your membership.
- You also may apply for membership or any new account by visiting a branch or calling our Member Relationship Center, 800.433.PACU (800.433.7228).
Like so many of our new members, you may wonder what is the difference between a credit union and bank.
In general, credit unions are not-for-profit organizations and owned by their members whereas banks have stockholders. A bank's goal is to make a profit for its stockholders. A credit union's goal is to serve its member-owners, so when a credit union earns a profit, the profit is given back to the members in the form of low-interest rates on loans and higher earnings on savings. There are other differences as the following table demonstrates:
|Purpose: Profit driven for stockholders, not for customers||Purpose: Service driven for people, not for profit|
|Ownership: Customers with no ownership||Ownership: Members-shared ownership|
|Decision: Only stockholders vote; one vote per share (more stock = more voting power)||Decision: Democratically controlled by members (one vote per member)|
|Profits: Profits/Earnings are distributed to stockholders only||Profits: Profits are returned to members in the form of better rates, low or no fees and new products and services|
|Directors: Paid||Directors: Volunteer|
|Insured: Federally insured by FDIC||Insured: Federal insured by NCUA|
And what's the difference between us and other credit unions? Our Simply Service culture!
Join Now by applying for your Share Savings Account or select an appointment type below to schedule a meeting with a representative at one of our branches to learn more membership or call 800.433.7228 for assistance.
For more information and disclosures, please click the Business and/or Personal Disclosure links at the bottom of this page.
Relevant Products and Services Spotlight
Carolinas Credit Union Foundation honors Piedmont Advantage for our Diversity and Inclusion Program.