- Simple+ Checking. When your financial needs, your checking account should adjust, too. With Simple+ Checking, no monthly service charges and gone are the days of opening and closing accounts when you want your checking account to start earning competitive or premium interest. Or upon turning 50 years old, closing your existing account and opening a new one that offers additional benefits for seniors. What a waste of your time! Learn More
- Liberty Loan. Lowest fixed rates we have offer with terms up to 12 years. Closes in half of the time of conventional loans. Learn More
- Competitive rates and low to no fees. See for yourself!
At Piedmont Advantage Credit Union, we believe in simply serving our members. It is not a gimmick, a tagline or catch phrase. Rather, it is reaffirming our purpose that Members Come First.
Simply Service™ is in our culture and embedded in everything that we say and do to partner with our member-owners to help them each step of the way of their financial journey. Becoming a member of Piedmont Advantage is easy. Even better, once you have become a member, your membership doesn't expire, even if you leave the area.
If you live, work, worship or attend school in the North Carolina counties of Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Cumberland, Davie, Duplin, Forsyth, Guilford, Iredell, Mecklenburg, New Hanover, Pender and Rockingham or employed by one of our many employer companies, you are eligible to join.
- Reap the benefits of membership today by opening your Share Savings Account with a minimum deposit of just $5.
- Join online or stop by one of our 10 Piedmont Advantage Credit Union branch locations for one-on-one personal service.
Like so many of our new members, you may wonder what is the difference between a credit union and bank.
In general, credit unions are not-for-profit organizations and owned by their members whereas banks have stockholders. A bank's goal is to make a profit for its stockholders. A credit union's goal is to serve its member-owners, so when a credit union earns a profit, the profit is given back to the members in the form of low-interest rates on loans and higher earnings on savings. There are other differences as the following table demonstrates:
|Purpose: Profit driven for stockholders, not for customers||Purpose: Service driven for people, not for profit|
|Ownership: Customers with no ownership||Ownership: Members-shared ownership|
|Decision: Only stockholders vote; one vote per share (more stock = more voting power)||Decision: Democratically controlled by members (one vote per member)|
|Profits: Profits/Earnings are distributed to stockholders only||Profits: Profits are returned to members in the form of better rates, low or no fees and new products and services|
|Directors: Paid||Directors: Volunteer|
|Insured: Federally insured by FDIC||Insured: Federal insured by NCUA|
Great Product and Service Spotlights
New to Piedmont Advantage?
Follow these easy steps to open your membership and new accounts:
- Membership begins when you open your Share Savings Account with a minimum deposit of just $5. Upon membership approval, you're set to apply for our premier credit cards, various loan solutions and many other deposit accounts.
- If you're not a member and have started or completed an online application, upon receipt of your application, we will follow up with you regarding your membership.
- You also may apply for membership or any new account by visiting a branch or calling our Member Relationship Center, 800.433.PACU.