The most basic element of our relationship with our members is trust.
We know that trust is a central part of all relationships. Be confident that we always have and always will protect the privacy of your personal information through careful administration of your non-public (private) information. We in use state-of-the-art security practices and tools, and undergo months of auditing each year to bring you the highest standards of protection in the financial industry.
What Do We Collect?
We only collect information about our members for lawful business practices as necessary to provide you with competitive products and services to meet your financial needs. We maintain strict procedural protections to safeguard your information. We collect information about members from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on membership and loan applications and other forms, such as your name, address, Social Security number, assets, and income
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, and others, such as your account balance, payment histories, parties to your transactions, and credit card usage
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your credit history
- Information obtained from current or past employers or other institutions where you conduct financial transactions when we verify data you provide
Information We Disclose
We generally do not provide any non-public personal information about our members or former members, except as permitted by applicable law.
Our commitment to provide you with quality products and services to meet your financial needs necessitates that we occasionally share information about you to complete your transactions, and to provide you with certain financial opportunities. For instance, this includes companies that assist us in marketing efforts, investment counseling, insurance services, check printing, processing ATM, debit and credit card transactions, and member mailings. We hold service providers to the same standards of confidentiality and privacy we follow.
How We Protect Your Information
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union pledges to take all reasonable precautions to protect the information you provide us.
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and industry standards to protect your non-public personal information. Occasionally, Piedmont Advantage Credit Union may be required by law to disclose non-public information for governmental or judicial purposes.
Notices, Joint Relationships, and Modifications
How You Can Protect the Security of Your Information
As a member/owner of Piedmont Advantage Credit Union there are practices you can routinely follow to safeguard your own information:
- Review your account statements carefully and timely.
- Report seemingly inaccurate information immediately.
- Maintain your records in a secure manner.
- Keep all passwords, PIN numbers and access codes confidential.
- Log off after visiting online secure web sites such as home banking, brokerage or sites where purchases are made online.
Your Privacy Is Our Priority