Question, problem or concern? We'll listen and create a personalized solution for you.
Vigilance and good planning go a long way.
Financial fraud is a real concern, but there's no reason to live in fear. We'll help you with awareness of the latest security threats with important updates on this page. And when you travel, we'll help make sure you enjoy your journey hassle-free.
Travel notifications help avoid any interruptions when you access your account outside of your regular locations and access devices. If you don’t set a notification, your card may be blocked for fraudulent activity. While necessary, if you aren’t aware, it can be a frustrating experience. Before you leave home, give us a call at 800-433-7228 to let us know your travel plans. Or send a secure message via your Advantage Access Online account.
You will need:
- Your Piedmont Advantage Credit Union debit and/or credit card number(s) that you plan to use while traveling.
- A valid email address
- A phone number where you can be reached while traveling
- Your dates of travel and all areas you plan to visit or travel through
- Your mode of travel (think trains, planes and automobiles)
- Are you driving and will need to purchase gas in multiple states or countries?
- Are you flying and need to purchase food during a layover domestically or abroad?
Please contact us as soon as you can, at least 24 hours, prior to travel.
VISA Debit/Credit Card Dispute
If you have a charge on your debit or credit card account that is not yours, or the transaction is incorrect, you have the option to dispute the charge.
If the charge is from a merchant you dealt with, and the charge is the incorrect amount or was charged when you asked for it to be cancelled, please contact the merchant first. A resolution through the merchant will be the quickest way to get a refund. If you did not make the purchase, or if you cannot get a resolution from the merchant, please follow these steps to dispute the charge.
- Contact the dispute claim line by calling 888-718-6346. Please have the following information when calling:
- Debit/Credit Card Number
- Date of transaction
- What is the reason for disputing the claim
- Amount of transaction
- Name on Account with your contact information (such as address, phone number, and e-mail addresses)
- Remember to take down the claim number that the dispute representative will give you when they take your claim information.
- Provisional Credit will be issued within 5 to 10 days of the claim filing date, while investigation is being conducted on the disputed transaction.
- Depending on type of claim, you may need to provide information that you have tried to resolve issue with the merchant and were unsuccessful.
- Follow up with Piedmont Advantage about your claim process to be sure you have not missed any correspondence that may have been sent to you for review and response in order to continue your claim process. A claim may take up to 120 days to be finalized and closed.
- A request for additional information from you, or a request for a response to a merchant rebuttal may be requested or forwarded to you for review and response. If that response has not been received back in the specified time frame, this may result in removal of the provisional credit in your account.
- If you have any questions in regards to your claim, please feel free to contact us at 800-433-7228.
*Please note – provisional credits are not guaranteed. If the merchant has sufficient proof of the transaction, the provisional credit may be removed.
Safeguard Your Information
Learn more about protecting your accounts, identity and sensitive financial information.