Simply Service isn't a slogan. It's the way we do business.
At Piedmont Advantage Credit Union, we strive to position all of our employees to offer extraordinary member services. Our unique culture of collaboration and continuous learning and operational improvement instills confidence for our teams to offer viable financial programs, products and services for each member's unique financial need. Every interaction, whether it’s online, in-person or over the phone, is intended to not only problem-solve quickly, but also to build lasting, long-term relationships.
When talking with our team members you may hear them say that the credit union is more than just a place to work, it’s a family. This speaks volumes about our culture as not only a place to work, but also a place to develop friendships and trusted colleagues.
We are seeking passionate people who truly want to simply serve to help our members with their financial wellbeing. When "Members Come First," we succeed as a credit union.
• Medical Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with a competitive Employer Match
• Credit Union Paid Life Insurance (of two times your annual salary)
• Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Paid Time Off
• 10 Holidays throughout the year
• Employee Engagement Day
• Community Volunteer Opportunities
Commercial Lender: Go to our Linked In page to apply.
To apply for any of the following positions, please email your completed PACU application, resume and salary requirements to us at email@example.com.
CU @ Work Executive
If you have a passion for making a difference, join our team at Piedmont Advantage Credit Union! We are seeking a dynamic individuals with proven success in outside business development to join our CU@WORK Team and lead our efforts to develop and solidify partnerships within our communities building strong relationships and identifying opportunities for growth for the credit union. This individual must possess the qualities and attributes that reflect impressive sales ability and leadership skills as well as excellent communication and presentations skills, and dynamic relationship-building skills. The CU@WORK Executive will act as a dedicated member of the Piedmont Advantage Credit Union team by actively pursuing new and existing business development opportunities. The CU@WORK Executive will cultivate relationships with Select Employee Groups (SEGS) and community memberships with a focus on marketing and sales. In order to accomplish the goals for this position, the incumbent will attend marketing and sales functions on behalf of the credit union.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Cultivates relationships with prospective and existing members that work for businesses, including SEGs, in PACU’s service areas to grow market share and expand the use of PACU services.
- Partners with branch leadership to identify cross-sell opportunities that will benefit members based on PACU’s product and service solutions. Develops prospecting opportunities through community-based presentations, financial literacy webinars and regular promotional activities, such as working exhibits at trade shows and booths at special events.
- Partners with branch leadership to execute tactics from the branch’s Go-to-Market Plan and to be an active contributor to help each branch meet or exceed annual service goals.
- Manage Member Advisory Group to gain insight on PACU products and services, explore opportunities for new product and service offerings and learn how best to improve the member experience.
- Perform other job related duties required as assigned.
Education, Training, Abilities & Experience:
- 3-5 years of similar or related experience preferred.
- A bachelor's degree preferred, or achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree preferred
- The ability to communicate with a diverse group of individuals is a material part of the job, as well as managing existing and new contacts and fostering relationships. The role requires a significant level of trust or diplomacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of marketing and community programs is preferred
- Maintain a professional work environment and business like appearance.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Social Media tools is strongly preferred
- Travel is required.
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union is seeking an energetic Member Relationship Team Representative to work on our fast-paced Member Relationship Team in Winston-Salem, NC. The Member Relationship Team Representative will assist members and potential members with their Credit Union needs; explaining services, setting up new accounts, responding to problems, and directing members to the appropriate contacts within the Credit Union. This is a Full Time position in our inbound call center.
Assists members with opening and closing accounts, answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve.
Refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations.
Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sells services to members.
Maintains member account information on computer system.
Assures that appropriate records are maintained and required reports are prepared.
Acts as liaison between members and various organizations and departments.
Performs other related duties as assigned
Education, Training, Abilities & Experience:
Credit Union, Banking and/or Financial Services experience strongly preferred
Possesses six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Holds a high school diploma or GED.
Excellent computer skills.
Ability to gain trust, build rapport, and motivate others
Provides prompt, accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members.
Maintains a professional work environment and businesslike appearance
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union seeks to hire a Senior Accountant based at our headquarters in Winston-Salem, NC. The role of the Senior Accountant is to maintain the Credit Union’s accounting records and reports, ensuring that they are in compliance with generally accepted accounting practices. As the most senior accountant, the Senior Accountant is a leader for other members of the department and a resource for peers and managers in other areas of the Credit Union as they have accounting related needs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Consistently approves daily and monthly GL reconciliation, while annotating variances and reporting up to management where appropriate.
- Works cooperatively with peers and managers to act as a resource and subject matter expert on accounting-related matters.
- Utilizes accounting knowledge to assist in the development of financial, statistical, and accounting reports for the Credit Union; to include month, quarter, and year-end.
- Reconciles roughly 10-15% of monthly general ledger reconciliations. Each month the employee will strive to complete all reconciliations of prior month general ledger balances to agree to source documentation, such as third party statements, third part reports, or relevant account activity for other accounts such as accrual accounts.
- Thoroughly reviews, verifies, and signs off on the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records through a high degree of attention to detail for completion.
- Under the direction of the Controller, instructs or assigns work to accounting team for timely completion of all assigned tasks and initiatives. Monitors work flow of the department to ensure most efficient use of time.
- Acts as a resource for and works with auditors/examiners on year-end and comprehensive audits. Understands the importance of maintaining a positive relationship with auditors/examiners and sets an example for other staff on how to prioritize their requests.
- Utilizes CU industry knowledge and strict attention to detail to prepare call report on quarterly basis. Reports industry benchmarks and trends as they arise in the data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience, Educations, Knowledge & Skills:
- Five years to ten years of similar or related experience
- A college degree in accounting and/or finance
- Microsoft Office Suite experience, specifically Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Must be willing to adjust to rapid changes in daily work while also meeting deadlines.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, talk, see and hear.
- Required to possess dexterity to operate standard office equipment
- Occasionally required to lift 20 pounds or more
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an office environment. The noise level is usually low. Equipment required for this position:
- Standard office space and equipment
- Standard PC equipment and printers
- Telephone and/or headset
- To be capable of, and willing to fully comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, The Patriot Act, OFAC and all credit union policies and procedures relating to or arising from these laws and applicable government regulations.
From our humble beginnings in 1949 to the present, at Piedmont Advantage, we simply serve our members. Simply service is in our culture and embedded in everything we do to help our members through their financial journey. Piedmont Advantage is seeking a Part-time Teller with a servant's heart and passion for making a difference to join our Credit Union team in Mooresville, NC. The part-time teller will work in cooperation with the front line staff to assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed.
- Post transactions to member accounts and maintain member records.
- Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input and answering the telephone.
- Cross-sells credit union services.
- To be capable of, and willing to fully comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, The
Patriot Act, OFAC and all credit union policies and procedures relating to or arising from these laws and
applicable government regulations.
Education, training, experience:
- This is a Part-Time position.
- Has six months to two years of similar or related experience.
- Holds a high school education or GED.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch. Must be good with detail to
deal with numbers and names.
- Provides prompt, accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members.
- Maintains a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
•Regularly required to sit, stand, talk, see and hear.
•Required to possess dexterity to operate standard office equipment
•Occasionally required to lift 20 pounds or more
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an office
environment. The noise level is usually low.
Equipment required for this position:
•Standard office space and equipment
•Standard PC equipment and printers
•Telephone and/or headset